BODY COMPOSITION ANALYSIS
What is a Body Composition Analyzer?
Weight is just a number on a scale. Want to truly know how healthy you are? How much of your body weight is in muscle, fat, water, and skeletal mass? And what is your basal caloric intake?
The InBody machine can not only answer all of the above questions, but can also give you a clear and accurate representation of your progress and goals. Better yet, our body composition analyses can be completed on-site or off-site as we would be happy to travel to your fitness facility, office, business, or home for testing and consultation.
The InBody provides an easy and accurate analysis of body composition. Like a scale, simply by standing on footplates and holding the handgrips, the machine outputs your body’s:
- Lean Body Mass
- Body Fat Mass
- Total Body Water
- Dry Lean Mass
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Percent Body Fat
- Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)
- Segmental Lean Mass (right arm, left arm, trunk, right leg, left leg)
- Impedance of each segment
How does the InBody work?
The InBody uses an 8-point touch type electrode method, in conjunction with Direct Segmental Multi-frequency Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (DSM-BIA). DSM-BIA separately measures the impedance of the trunk, arms, and legs. This separates the flows of currents and electric potential, and measures the resistance of the cross point of two flows and takes the resistance values of the arms, legs, and trunk.
Why test on the InBody?
Amazing precision that has 98% correlation with DXA and Underwater Weighing; in other words, ACCURATE and with no need to soak yourself in a dunk tank!
Now, how do we get started?
It’s simple, we can choose a date that will work for you. The actual test only takes 30 to 45 seconds; however, we like to give 15 to 30 minutes per test for the entire process, as we know people may have questions. A detailed analysis will be printed out and provided, and and be reviewed in a detailed consultation. Contact us to schedule your test.
How much is the analysis?
Non Member Initial Test & Consultation = $50; Non Member Re-Test = $35
Member Initial Test & Consultation = $35; Member Re-Test = $20
Important! Testing Protocols:
- Do not consume food 2 hours prior to testing.
- Do not exercise 12 hours prior to testing.
- Do not consume alcohol 24 hours prior to testing.
- Do not consume caffeine the day of the test.
- Do not take measurements during the menstrual cycle (due to increase in body water).
- Do not apply lotion to hands or feet prior to testing.
- **People with implanted defibrillators or pacemakers should not be tested.**