The 2016 CrossFit Open is just around the corner...Here are the top 10 Reasons you should participate in the Open this year!
- Join the hundreds of thousands of CrossFit participants worldwide in this amazing sporting event.
- Compare yourself to others in the gym here at Reason. Maybe there’s someone you’ve been training with for a while now and we want to see how you compare yourself relative to these five workouts. You can also create a custom leaderboard on the CrossFit Games website, which allows you to filter various data fields – so you can see how you stack up against the other Reason athletes.
- Measure where you are on a bigger stage – not only will you be able to see where you rank in Southern California, but you can also see where you rank worldwide!
- Perhaps you have done the Open the past couple of years and you have set a goal to finish in the top 50% of the participants this year. Each year they’ve repeated a workout, so you can see how you’ve improved in that specific workout.
- Maybe you just started doing CrossFit in the past 6 months and you have no idea what the Open is and want to just do it because everyone else is doing it.
- You have a crush on someone at Reason and you want to impress them ;)
- You are addicted to CrossFit, you can’t get enough of it and this is just another thing that you can do to talk to your friends about, since you can’t have a full conversation about anything else anymore.
- You drank so much coconut water the past year, have been attending the Barbell classes and have been getting better and better at CrossFit recently and can’t wait to show off your fitness.
- You have all this WOD Gear that you bought in the past year – wrist straps, OLY shoes, knee sleeves, nano’s, headband, gymnastic grips, etc and you gotta put it to good use somehow.
- Surprise yourself. This is a chance for you to see the progress you’ve made. Over the course of 5 weeks you will see where your strengths and weaknesses lie – we all have them. It will help give you a direction on what you need to attack going forward in 2016. Every year when the Open rolls around we see people do something they didn’t think was possible.
Thanks for reading! In our next Open write up we will discuss how to sign up for The Open.